HUDSONVILLE, MI (WHTC) -- A roof collapse due to heavy snow early Saturday morning also caused other problems. Ottawa County Director of Emergency Management Beth Thomas reports that Hudsonville and Georgetown fire departments along with the Ottawa County Sheriff's Department were dispatched to a roof collapse which caused the release of 4000 pounds of liquid ammonia at 3 A.M. Saturday morning. As a precaution, some local businesses were evacuated and local residents were advised to stay inside their homes. Portions of I-196 and M-6 were also shut down for about an hour while crews assessed the situation. No injuries were reported and an environmental clean-up company is taking care of the liquid ammonia.
Story by: Diane E Coston