On Air Now

Upcoming Shows

Program Schedule »

Listen

Listen Live Now » 1450 AM Holland, MI

Weather

Current Conditions(Holland,MI 49422)

More Weather »
45° Feels Like: 45°
Wind: NNE 0 mph Past 24 hrs - Precip: 0”
Current Radar for Zip

Today

Partly Cloudy 51°

Tonight

Clear 32°

Tomorrow

Sunny 62°

Alerts

Bone Marrow Registry Drive at Hope College on Thursday

HOLLAND, MI (WHTC) -- A Bone Marrow Registry Drive takes place at Hope College this Thursday.  The Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Club is joining with the Pikaart family to host a “Be the Match” registry event.  The process is painless as it only takes a cheek swab to identify those that could be a match for someone with a blood cancer, sickle cell or other life-threatening disease.  Ben Pikaart, who was diagnosed with leukemia in 2012 found a match in his own family, which only happens about 30 percent of the time.  The other 70 percent has to hope for a match in the bone marrow registry.  The Drive happens on Thursday from 3 until 6 P.M. in the atrium of the A. Paul Schaap Science Center on 12th Street near College Avenue.

Story by:  Diane E Coston

Comments