HOLLAND, MI (WHTC) - There were some anxious moments for diners and staff at the Village Inn Restaurant in Holland around 8 PM last evening when smoke started filling the entire Washington Street establishment. When Public Safety firefighters arrived at the scene, there was general milling about outside, but no flames were spotted, and investigators found that a belt in an air conditioning unit on the building’s roof had burned up, sending smoke through the vents into the eatery. Damage was contained to just the unit, with no reports of any harm done to the structure or anything inside, and both patrons and employees were able to reenter the restaurant and resume normal operations about an hour later.
The Clark Howard Show 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
On Air Now.