HOLLAND TWP., MI (WHTC) - The investigation into a fire that displaced 29 families from ClearView Apartments on Holland’s North Side a month ago is complete. Holland Township Fire Department investigators say that 38-year-old Khek Chantalavong was attempting to burn off the fur from a dead squirrel with a propane torch prior to eating it when he left the tool burning on his second-floor balcony, starting the 1.4 million-dollar blaze. No criminal charges will be filed in the case. Complex officials have found alternative housing for those displaced, and plan to begin rebuilding the structure involved by year's end. Chantalavong is being billed for a 10 thousand-dollar insurance deductible.
WHTC Trading Post 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Call in 395-1450 or e-mail email@example.com