JENISON, MI (WHTC) - Crews from three departments responded to a house fire south of Jenison last night. Investigators believe that a window air conditioner shorted out, sparking the blaze that spread to a wooded deck in the back of the residence on Port Sheldon Street west of 14th Avenue. The flames consumed an attached garage and nearly half of the house before it was brought under control. A family of four was able to escape safely, and no firefighters were injured in the incident. A damage estimate wasn’t immediately made.
Jim Bohannon 1:00 AM - 3:00 AM
On Air Now.