Perhaps more than any other time of year, during the holidays we turn our attention to others less fortunate and look for ways to give back. In the listings on this page, you'll find ways to help in your community, whether it be a donation of money or time. There are also links that you can bookmark, should you feel like volunteering year round.
American Red Cross Holiday Mail for Heroes
- Send a card and greeting to a Service Member, and Veteran, this holiday season. Cards can be sent to the following address:
- Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
- Please follow these important tips:
- * Include your heartfelt sentiments and sign all cards
- * Entitle cards with generic terms such as "Dear Service Member"
- * Bundle groups of cards in single, large envelopes (you do not need to include the individual envelopes for cards when mailing in multiple cards)
- * Send letters, care packages or money gifts
- * Include personal information such as home or email addresses
- * Use glitter - excessive amounts can aggravate health issues of wounded recipients
- * Include inserts of any kind as they must be removed in the screening process
- Please Send by Dec. 7th