Before you wade into the murkey waters of Presidential debating one must FIRST obtain a "Memorandum Of Understanding" (Is that anything like the fortress of solitude that Superman used?). Thats what the Obama and Romney campaigns did.
Some highlights from the full document:
- What would happen if another candidate qualified for the debates.
- The candidates agreed not to publicly call for any additional debates beyond the Commission-sponsored events.
- Candidates aren’t allowed to cite anyone in the audience (besides family members) during the debate.
- Candidates aren’t allowed to address questions to each other or ask the other candidate to take a pledge.
- The moderators can’t do “show of hands” questions.
There are a lot of other provisions to pick over. Check out the entire document here. And then leavfe your comments down below.